Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Life in the Sunny Southwest

I moved! Well, sort of anyway. I am here staying at Curly Girl's house with the Gift (my nephew - born on Christmas Day) and QB (my BIL) so called because he played QB at his university and is still very in love with football some 20 years later.


I've spent the week looking at apartments, and I have found one that I like that is about 15-20 minutes away from my sister's house, so we are both really happy, and the one I picked is running a special where for $10 more, I get a 2 bedroom apartment. It will be nice to have an office again, plus good storage. I'll be moving my stuff out here in a couple of weeks.


Surprisingly, the hardest part of this transition is the transfer to a new big orange box store! It seems like there is nothing that facilitates. I have to make the contacts and the arrangements, and that all finally came into place this week, so that is a big load off my mind.


Big differences between my hometown and the urban southwest? Rocks are a primary landscaping tool, and there is very little if any grass in most neighborhoods. Eventually, I'm sure I'll get used to lawns that look like this








and backyards that look like this



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move - let me know mailing address - when you do of course - plus - email address - will that change? Don't spoil little nephew - or should I say - do spoil little nephew. Stay in touch - Ms.B

Anonymous said...

SO glad you're getting in with the new orange box - and congrats on a second bedroom!! I know it will be great for both you and curly girl to be closer to each other... how long before the parental units follow?! SHould we set the over/under at one year?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Swizzle said...

Wow, look at you go! Congrats on the move. I can send you some grass if you need some. As bad as that sounds, I mean the St. Augustine variety!

Mary Beth said...

I could get used to a backyard that looks like that!