Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Looking Back at 2008

Reflecting on the last year, I was trying to decide what I had learned from 2008. There are so many things, but here are just a few, in no particular order:

  • I am happier today than I was 5 years ago. I am focused on a goal, and working toward doing something I love instead of just existing. It really does matter.
  • "You set your own price in this world" - this is a quote from my friend J, an economist. He told me that it was something his mama always told him. I repeat that to myself a lot these days.
  • Things don’t get easier when you put them off. Procrastinating is never the right answer.
  • Once it gets above 110 degrees outside, it really doesn’t matter if it is a dry heat or not. Really. It doesn’t.
  • facebook. Enough said.
  • I can be a skinny person. I can lose the weight that I want to lose, and keep it off. I just don’t know exactly how I will accomplish it.
  • You don’t have to see your friends everyday for them to be really good friends.
  • I have a lot to learn, even now.

What did you learn?

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love that saying. Mind if I use it?

I learned that people will always show their true self if you give them enough time.

I learned that dreams can come true.

I learned that you can have a friend and never ever get to hold her hand.

I love your list.

Mary Beth said...

Last time I made WW lifetime, I kept the weight off for several years.

Personally, to me two things are important: Keep going to meetings!

and (for me) I realized that for me there are some foods I just really can't eat, like peanut butter. I have to abstain from them.

Most WW Lifetimers don't have that latter problem.

Yay for you!!!!!!

Miss Smarty Pants said...

Princess - You can use anything I say. I really like the saying, and am working toward being happy with the price I set for myself, whatever it happens to be.

MB - I do have trigger foods that I can't keep in the house. If I buy them I'll go through the entire thing without second thought. Double Stuff Oreo's is one of mine. I feel the need to even up the rows, even if I am full. Lots of psych issues with it. I assume I would feel similarly about regular oreo's, but who wastes time with less "stuff" always double for me.

Anonymous said...

I have named you in an award at my place!!