Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thanks to Elastigirl...

for nominating me for this award. She is truly one of my closest friends, and I miss her a little bit most days and a whole lot on others. Our time together IRL is precious, but the blog she writes allows me to be with her off and on throughout the week. Thank goodness for the internet.

Here's the explanation and the silly rules that go with it:"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

As for the bloggers that are important friends to me, many have already gotten the award, but I will still list them here:

  • Curly Girl: More than just a friend, she is my wonderful sister and inspires me to be more like her every day.
  • Jennie: More family, and one of the funniest writers I have ever known.
  • Mrs. Swizzle: One of the best all time blog tag lines: Do you ever feel like someone has put a swizzle stick into the top of your head and just stirred things around a little? I do, and I am glad to know there are other people like that in the world.
  • Mary Beth: My first blog friend that I met after I read her blog. It was quite exhilarating. Thank goodness she is the least anonymous blogger in the whole world :)
  • Princess Mindy: So interesting, and so creative. I look forward to meeting her IRL someday.
  • Perplexity Project: More family, and really smart and insightful. Makes me think, which is always good.
So, looking here, I realize I need to make more blog friends. But I love the ones I have. Thanks to you all for brightening my life.

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Ooohhhh thank you so much sweetie!
I have not forgotten, your book will go in the mail in the next few days.

Mary Beth said...

Thank you thank you! I'm flattered.

Hee hee, "the least anonymous blogger" - maybe the dumbest! it just never occurred to me to (try to) be anonymous.

Mark said...

Thanks for the honorable mention! I love the collection of family bloggers. Each has its own yummy seasoning.