Monday, September 24, 2007

Cowboy Sounds Off!

I enjoyed watching the OSU & Texas Tech game this weekend, but was surprised when I saw the press conference afterwards. Coach Gundy came in and said he wouldn't talk about the game, but talked about a column in the Daily Oklahoman that disparaged the character of one of his players. Watch what he said here.

Today he said that the only regret that he had was that he didn't write down what he wanted to say and that he had forgotten to make a couple of points. I read the article by Jenni Carlson (9/22) on the Daily Oklahoman website. I have to agree with Gundy, the article was garbage. It was something that you would see in a gossip column disguised as something newsworthy. Nowadays, we don't see enough people standing up to the media, and I for one am tired of seeing journalists who put things in the paper that just aren't worth printing. I am all for freedom of speech, and I think that censorship is the worst idea ever. But where has journalistic integrity gone? Maybe this will straighten up the journalist that wrote the column. Unfortunately, I doubt it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!! OK - me your mentor?? that's scary!! Although I just changed out a modem & am back online!!