Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Why Miss Smarty Pants?

A nickname that I have had off and on since I was a kid. Mostly by my mom... Then out of the blue, my favorite blogger, ElastiGirl, started calling me that again in her blog. I supposed it is in reference to the fact that I am smart enough to figure stuff out most of the time. I say most of the time, because I haven't yet figured out some important things like

  • Why I haven't started working again full time in the past 3 years, after a kind of crushing layoff at a non profit organization.
  • What I want to do with the rest of my life.
  • How anyone can really like to eat lima beans.

For now, I am a consultant that helps organizations complete strategic plans, and I work part-time at a large orange box store. The big box gives me medical benefits for a part time job (almost unheard of in these days, but that is for another blog entry). I marvel sometimes that other people pay me (semi - big bucks) to help them strategize about their future. Maybe I should spend some more time strategizing on my own.

No comments: