Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Can't Find Words....

I came down to visit ElastiGirl on a whim. I usually do 2 or 3 times a year for us to catch up and have fun... I hadn't been in town 2 hours when Fr. Rector told her this. I for one cannot believe that anyone who meets her doesn't "perceive a sense of calling." I certainly do. And as one of the very first people to find out she was going down this path, I have supported her in it from the start.

So that is about all I can say about this right now. I for one think that a letter to the PB is on my list of things to do right now. I no longer am a member of this diocese, but I certainly am a member of this church. And it just isn't right. Not at all.

6 comments:

Di said...

You know, I've thought about writing to the PB about the shambles we call the ordination/discernment process lately, too. Was horrified about Elastigirl's news, was more horrified to realize that I wasn't surprised by another crap decision on the part of the church.

Anonymous said...

It was a God thing that you were here -
You have been a rock of support throughout this process - thanks for letting me cry and laugh - and not expecting anything else - you are a good friend indeed.

Mrs. Swizzle said...

Horrified is a good way to describe it. I can't imagine what they were thinking. Oh, wait. I said "thinking".

I'm glad you were in town.

Mary Beth said...

I'm so incredibly glad you were here.

I have a lot of words to describe how I feel but they don't belong on a family blog. Suffice it to say that I am galvanized to effect change. As someone I talked with recently said, "It will be tough."

I'm ready for tough. And some other things I can't say on a family blog. A recurring theme?

Anonymous said...

thanks for being here and as I said to you on Thurs. I do not beleive in chance...you were here at the time God wanted you to be here for support....and in his timing all of this will become clear to all of us and the decisions made by the committee....I truly pray that each of these men talk to God and wait on him for their answers, but that is a pipedream...I am almost sure God was not in this decision....

Miss Smarty Pants said...

Still waiting for this to develop a little more. Still praying for peace for elastigirl.