Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A New Frontier

I am working on moving to Curly Girl's hometown right now. Looking at apartments and trying to manage a transfer in the Big Orange Box. Why you ask? Why not? Things here aren't moving forward, and the strategic plan I've been working on for myself has led me to make a drastic change. I know it might sound a little crazy, but I have always wanted to be a travel agent. Not really always, but at least since I was about 22 and sitting next to a lady who was a travel agent on my flight back from Hawaii. Her job sounded so cool.

I know things have changed in the travel industry, but that is OK. And I've been talking to some people in the field who say that a big trend is retiring baby boomers who are looking for someone to buy their agency. So that would be my ultimate goal. I have spent some serious time trying to figure out where I want to spend the next 20 years of my career, and I can't think of anything else I'd rather do. So I'm going to school (AGAIN) and I'm going to get certified. And Curly Girl's town has a school, while there isn't one anywhere in my whole state. So the girl who moved 8 times before she turned sixteen is moving again. Maybe it is my destiny to move around a lot. I certainly am good at packing, at any rate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited about this - I can't wait to see where all we'll get to travel - cuz I'm sure you'll need an assistant to go along...

Mrs. Swizzle said...

Cool! There's nothing you can't do.

Anonymous said...

When is the big move? I have your Christmas gift, but am holding it until you move - you'll get a fun package in the mail at the new place!
I tagged you over at my page!!