Tuesday, October 7, 2008

R.I.P.

My grandmother passed away this week. I am so sad, but mostly because I talked about calling her with my sister this weekend and just never got around to it. I loved her so much. She was a lovely woman and so sweet. She loved her family very much and always let us know it.

This year she turned 90, and for her birthday we published a cookbook, which I wrote about here. As I said before, she was able to live out her entire life in her own home, for which I know she was grateful.

I hope someday I have as beautiful a spirit as she did. Always kind and generous. I hope someday I am as good a cook as she was. Never measuring, always just knowing the right amount.

I love you grandma. I know you are happy to see Grandpa and your sister again. We will miss you so very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't meet your Grandmother, but do feel as if I knew her, you always had wonderful things to say about her. You and your family are in my prayers. Ms.Brit

Anonymous said...

MSP - I am sorry to hear this - I know how much you adored her. I am glad y'all had such a wonderful birthday party for her... and that she enjoyed her grandchildren and great-grandchildren so much. She is leaving behind a successful family legacy of wonderful descendents and lovely memories. May her soul rest in eternal peace, and let light prepetual shine on her.

Anonymous said...

"perpetual"