Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Big 5-0!

No I did not turn 50 this year, nor am I contemplating life at 50 (although according to Oprah, 50 is fabulous!). This big 5-0 is about loss. A good kind of loss. 50 lbs! WOW. As part of my strategic plan I joined Weight Watchers, which I don't even know if I have talked about before here on the blog. I have joined before, but it has never stuck like it has this time, so up until recently I have been afraid to talk about it at all. But this week my cumulative total is 50 lbs, so people are starting to ask what it is I am doing. WOW. I picked up a 50 lb sack of grass seed at the big orange box this week, just so I could see how much that was. A lot, I think. And all since November 15, which means it has been less than a year.

Big thanks to Curly Girl and my mom, who have given me extra support when I needed it. My mom has struggled right along with me (and loss 30 lbs herself) and my sister is teaching me to think like a skinny person. I never have been able to do that before, but I am learning.

4 comments:

Curly Girl said...

You do look wonderful, and I know you are healthier because of it. I can't wait until the day I can come over and borrow your cool, hip clothes!

I am proud of you!

Mrs. Swizzle said...

Fabulous! Good for you!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I need your email addres sugar!

I am getting pairs together for the swap!

Mindy

princessandthebeads@gmail.com

And I am so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

YAY You!!!