Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful

I really don't understand where we got the tradition of calling Thanksgiving "Turkey Day" - I know I do it, and I know lots of others do it without any desire to demean the Thanksgiving holiday, but in preparation for this years Thanksgiving holiday, here are the top 5 things I am thankful for.

  • I am learning something new, so that I can do something I love for the rest of my life.
  • I have a family who loves and supports me in everything (OK, most everything) I do.
  • I am healthier this year than I have been in years, and I am on the way to being the healthiest that I have been in my life.
  • I still have friends who can make me laugh so hard it makes my stomach hurt.
  • I have a roof over my head and a place to call my own.

So, I am starting a meme. My first ever. I tag Elastigirl, Curly Girl, Mrs. Swizzle, Jennie and Princess Mindy. What are you thankful for this year? Give me a Top 5 List.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am going to get mine done for you this week.

I really like your list.

In spite of all that is going on, we have so much to be thankful for!