Sunday, November 16, 2008

Special Thanks to My Weight Watchers Leader!

And not for the reason you might think. For the last 3 days my neck has been hurting, and no amount of rubbing, ibuprofen or corn bags (heated) or anything else has helped me. Everytime I looked over my shoulder, pain.

So where does the Weight Watchers leader come in? A few weeks ago, we started the 12 week challenge at Weight Watchers, a creation (I believe) of my leader, Sharon. It is the final push to make it through the last 12 weeks for the year, which are filled with eating holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas - it is really an eating marathon). So each week we do something to challenge ourselves. Try new recipes, find new information, and even try new vegetables (mine were rutabaga and acorn squash). This week was do 45 minutes of activity that you don't normally do. I decided to use my DVR to record two exercise shows and follow them. One was Wai Lana Yoga. I picked it because I used to do Yoga quite regularly at QB's gym when I lived in the big state, and I have been missing it lately. I was able to do all but one pose (starts out like the picture above, then you stick your legs out sideways in either direction... I'll have to work up to that one, I think) and when I did the spine stretch, it miraculously released my neck! I feel so much better. I do love yoga.

So what 45 minutes of activity would you do if I challenged you to do it?

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I love finding new Weight Watchers or other weight loss blogs and feel the need to comment! I know when I finally get around to making a post, I'm always wishing for feedback. I love this 12 week push idea so give your leader a "bravo" from me - a WW in Iowa. I suppose if I was going to be challenged by a new exercise, it would be walking/running. Probably on a treadmill considering the weather here! :) If it didn't have to be new I'd do the elliptical or 45 minutes of yoga when I wake up!