Sunday, October 28, 2007

Let Go, Let God

That was the title of our women's retreat this weekend. It was a wonderful time spent with members of our church, past and present, and some friends of members as well. I heard some great ideas on how to increase your prayer life and what to do about things that you can't let go of. There was at least one "Ah, Ha!" moment about relationships with others, that I can hopefully use to improve some of my relationships. I figure if I can go away with one thing that I learned, it was worth the time spent.

As an added bonus, the retreat was at the state conference center where I used to attend church camp. It was the first year that the women's retreat was held there, and there was some reminiscing and great memories from a special time in my life. Plus I could share it with people who hadn't been there before. All in all, a great time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun!! And what a great time of year...
I'm going to be baking the communion bread for my W&W practicul this week - get to prachtice Eucharist - need good bread for that!!

Anonymous said...

bad typing - time for bed
"practicum"
"practice"