Monday, October 8, 2007

Progress or Selfishness, You Decide...

I tend to do for others more than I do for myself. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is a form of avoidance or procrastination. Putting off the things I should be doing, and getting a small high by helping out others. But today I drew the line, and even though it was hard for me, I felt a tiny bit better about saying, "No" to an acquaintance who called me to ask a favor. It was made a bit more complex by the fact that my mom recommended me... Some guilt that I wasn't willing to help out someone that I have known for 20+ years, some guilt that my mom suggested I do it and I wasn't, and some guilt that I put myself first. But I think that it is a good step for me. I'm seeking balance (as a Libra, it should be second nature, right?) in my life this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

definately progress! you do so much for everyone else - i'm proud of you!!